Fierce preventing has continued in and round Bakhmut as Kyiv mocked Russian claims to have captured the executive centre of the jap Ukrainian metropolis, saying its foes had raised a victory flag over “some variety of bathroom”.
* Finland will grow to be a member of NATO on Tuesday, finishing a historic safety coverage shift triggered by Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, whereas neighbour Sweden is saved within the ready room.
* The West is making an attempt to drive a wedge between Russia and China by speaking about their unequal relations and Moscow’s dependence on Beijing, Russia Overseas Minister Sergei Lavrov stated in an interview.
* Lavrov additionally stated the EU had “misplaced’ Russia and it would get robust with Europe if want be, and the USA was making an attempt to wreck Russia’s deliberate summit with African nations.
* American journalist Evan Gershkovich, who was arrested and charged with espionage in Russia final week, has appealed in opposition to his pre-trial detention as Washington stated it was “pushing onerous” to safe his launch.
* Russia’s commissioner for kids’s rights, who is needed by the Worldwide Felony Courtroom on struggle crimes fees arising in Ukraine, is prone to temporary a casual assembly of the United Nations Safety Council, in accordance with a word seen by Reuters.
* Russia despatched 17 Iranian-made Shahed drones to assault Ukraine in a single day, Ukraine’s air drive command stated early on Tuesday, with its air defence techniques destroying 14 of them.
* Ukraine’s jap navy command stated Russian forces had been “very far” from capturing Bakhmut.
* Ukrainian President Zelenskiy paid tribute to the braveness of just about 400 residents of a village in north Ukraine held in a college basement below Russian occupation for 27 days one 12 months in the past.
RUSSIAN WAR BLOGGER KILLED
* Russia accused Ukraine of organising the homicide of outstanding struggle blogger Vladlen Tatarsky in a St Petersburg cafe and arrested a Russian girl proven in a police video admitting to planting the bomb that killed him.
Australian Related Press