Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy says Kyiv and its Western supporters may make a Russian defeat within the struggle in Ukraine “irreversible” as early as this 12 months and thanked Germany for being a “true pal” throughout a go to to Berlin. On Saturday, Zelenskiy met Italian leaders, and Pope Francis, in Rome.
* Russia’s Defence Ministry mentioned on Sunday that two of its army commanders had been killed in jap Ukraine, as Kyiv’s forces renewed efforts to interrupt via Russian defences within the embattled metropolis of Bakhmut.
* Ukrainian troops are advancing in two instructions in Bakhmut, however the state of affairs within the metropolis centre is extra difficult, deputy defence minister Hanna Malyar mentioned on Saturday.
* Ukrainian forces intercepted and destroyed three missiles and 25 drones in a single day within the newest aerial assault on the nation for the reason that starting of Could, Ukraine’s air pressure mentioned on Sunday.
* The Russian information outlet Kommersant reported that two Russian fighter jets and two army helicopters had been shot down on Saturday near the Ukrainian border, in what can be a spectacular coup for Kyiv if confirmed.
* Because the Eurovision tune contest was underway in Britain late on Saturday, Russian missiles hit the western Ukrainian metropolis of Ternopil, which is dwelling to the electro-pop duo Tvorchi, this 12 months’s contestants from Ukraine, native authorities mentioned.
* Russia’s Defence Ministry mentioned on Saturday that Ukrainian plane had struck two industrial websites within the Russian-held metropolis of Luhansk in jap Ukraine with Storm Shadow long-range cruise missiles equipped by Britain.
* Reuters couldn’t confirm the battlefield reviews.
* The Group of Seven (G7) industrial powers and the EU will ban Russian fuel imports on routes the place Moscow has reduce provides, the Monetary Occasions reported on Sunday.
* British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak will push different world leaders to pledge extra help for Ukraine when he attends worldwide summits subsequent week, his workplace mentioned on Saturday.
* Germany introduced 2.7 billion euro ($A4.4 billion) of army help to Ukraine on Saturday, its greatest such bundle since Russia’s invasion, and pledged additional help for Kyiv for so long as crucial.
* The EU should velocity up the provision of ammunition to Ukraine because the nation’s forces want 1000 artillery shells on daily basis within the Bakhmut space alone, EU international coverage chief Josep Borrell mentioned on Saturday.
* South Africa is “actively non-aligned” in Russia’s struggle towards Ukraine, the nation’s presidential safety adviser mentioned on Saturday, after U.S. allegations that it had equipped weapons to Moscow led to a diplomatic disaster this week.
Australian Related Press